Monday, February 28, 2011

Love those simple blocks



Our quilt group is meeting tomorrow night. We usually have a block to make but last month our meeting was canceled so we were each on our own. As usual, I am down to the wire so I chose to make a very simple block. We seem to have been making stars and mine is a very simple one. This was one of the layer cake quilt-along blocks. It is a disappearing nine patch but with a slight twist. Not all the original squares were 5". I like the variation and will certainly have to remember this one. And it is sort of a star...

We had a gray and rainy day here today but it was certainly warmer. I think it was supposed to reach 60 today and it sure felt like it. Days like this make you believe that spring is really coming. When I went out for the papers this morning. This is what I saw. Don't you think those bags look like spring? I don't think I've ever seen the papers in those colors before. How spring!

Inside the house I'm ready for St. Patrick's Day. I found this lovely runner at the Irish Shop the other day and just couldn't resist. The Kitchen tree is ready too. I was surprised that I don't have as many ornaments on this tree. I think that could have been a bad thing to notice.



I thought I would share this quilt with you. I bought it at a local quilt show two years ago. It was a real find for only $35! They said that most people buy them to cut up and make pillows and stuffed animals. I couldn't let that happen. It is hand-stitched and while it has ragged spots, it is a treasure. No label so I have no idea where it came from. 



1 comment: