Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time to re-organize

As you can see from the new picture at the top, I love St. Patrick's Day. I just finished taking down Valentine's Day and getting ready for my favorite holiday. I celebrate being Irish all year long but especially this coming month. The picture at the top is a table runner I made in a class. It was quilt as you go and I loved making it.

And we will start moving from this...

...to this!

The Asian quilt made its way to its new owner. As you can all relate, I held my breath until it was safely there. It was insured but you all know that no one can pay for the time and love that goes into making a quilt. So happy...

Now home safe and sound. Yayyy!

Now I will move on to the baby quilt. My deadline is March 12th, I believe. But then, as you saw, I do my best work under pressure. I may get it finished and wait until the baby is born so I can add the name, etc. to the label. It won't take long to get there once it is finished.

I just watched the episode of Enough Already! when they visited the quilter's home. If you didn't see it, it was pretty overwhelming. The owner was the leader of a Quilts of Valor group and really had allowed it to take over her family room. They cleaned out her room and gave her a fabulous sewing room in the garage. I was salivating at the shelf space and organization. And kept thinking what Peter Walsh would say to me if he came to my house. Frightening thought.

Anyway, before I can sew I think I need to organize and purge just a bit. And that is good news for all my dear readers. As soon as I do that, I must have a giveaway! Stay tuned.


Love cute containers for things. 

I hope everyone has a good night. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the table runner- nothing seems as cheery as St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete