Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh, Yay! A Quilty kind of day

I found out today why it has been a good idea to have a friend pick up my Saturday Sampler block. Even though I then have to pay $5, it is way cheaper than actually being there and, you guessed it, buying more fabric. Went to Pennington Quilts today, just across the river in NJ. I did get my free pattern and fabric for the next block and as you can imagine, just had to look. They have some fabulous fabric there. The shop is great too because it has so many windows to make it light and airy.



I did buy some random fabric but then also found what I think is the perfect backing for the wedding quilt. It is the Pure line of fabric which I have loved but never could figure a way to use it. I also want to use the blue birds on the other fabric in some way. I love the words and I think they are the perfect way to finish this quilt. I did make the decision about finishing the quilt top. I'm going to use the same green to square up the block. Then I'm going to use the darker blue for the border and red for the binding. I'll work on that tomorrow to get it ready for the hand quilters.


The rooster fabric on the right was 50% off. Just couldn't resist. Also a little taste of Sunkissed. 

On our way home from the quilt shop, we stopped in Peddler's Village to see the quilts on display. It was a competition and the first prizes were definitely the best. It was so nice that they also had a kid's competition too. 












Now sewing resumes tomorrow. Watch for more updates in my next post.

2 comments:

  1. I love Pennington Quilts, too! I always pick up a lot of random fat quarters when I'm there and it's sooo hard to narrow it down... gets expensive fast =/ I try to only go when there's a sale or I have a gift card haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice chance to see some great quilting!

    ReplyDelete