Sunday, February 13, 2011

One quilt top - check!

I finished the top. With everyone's advice, I decided to finish each block with the green and then use the dark blue for the border. The red is in each corner. I am so excited to have it finished and now just have to wait for my turn with the hand quilters. I didn't have a good place to hang for pictures but just had to show it here. I still can't believe that this design started as a mistake with cutting the fabric and became a quilt design that I love. Just really can't wait for it to be all finished so I can give it to the wedding couple.

I do plan to work on the backing so that I'm all ready for my turn. Hope it comes quickly.


I also wanted to show those of you in the cold parts of the country. Spring is coming. When I was at the grocery store today, I bought daffodils! When I got them they were closed up and just tonight they were already opening up. Don't you just love them?

I stopped in at Barnes & Noble today to buy Mark Lipinski's Christmas 365. And of course, it was in with the quilting magazines. Just had to buy the Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazine. One of the things I found in there was fabric by Sharon Evans Yenter for In the Beginning fabric. The line is called Housework Whenever. Love it. But especially loved the quote, "A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine." Can we all relate to that?!!!

Happy Valentine's Day to all. Hope yours will include some really good chocolate. 

3 comments:

  1. May you also get chocolate with more daffodils to brighten your Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is wonderful. Sometimes I like my mistakes better;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt! I love the way those daffodils brighten up a room. We are getting close to spring! That last comment cracked me up! My sewing machine has been in the shop for one week and my house is spotless! Coincidence? I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete