Monday, February 21, 2011

Pressure helps!



I have a finish! And since I work best under pressure, that is what helped. I finished the Asian quilt for my friend's mother and will get it in the mail to her tomorrow. I can't wait for her to get it. She really liked the one I made for her daughter so this one will be a baby one for her. I used all fan material for the backing since she really likes fans.


I was on a rush to get it finished because they returned to the US today. I have had the material for quite a while but it just never made it to the top of the pile. I was flummoxed once again with how long it takes to hand sew the binding on. It is very relaxing but not when you are in a rush. But it is finished!

I have another win to share with you. I won this darling charm pack from Cathy at Wondrous Woven Magic. It is just too cute. You can check her blog at http://wondrouswovenmagic.wordpress.com. Be sure to check it out! I sure am one lucky sewer.


Here in the Northeast we are waiting for yet another snowstorm. It isn't supposed to be really big but snow nonetheless. No way to be sure how much since I think the forecasters just love to blow it way out of proportion. 
This fabric should help to chase away the winter. It is called Fresh Flowers - just love those words on the fabric. And the other fabrics in the line are just so happy! 



Did anyone watch the show on the OWN network? Peter Walsh, the organizer, visited the home of a quilter. I didn't watch the whole thing yet but I'm anxious to see what he does with all her fabric. Hmmmm. When is too much, too much?

4 comments:

  1. It was a good show. But her out of control fabric was more for her non profit quilt organization than for her personal quilting. They did create an awesome quilt studion for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful! Wonderful new fabric - makes me think of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt and love how you used the fans on the back.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete