Friday, February 11, 2011

Bits and Pieces




It is almost 1:00 am but I thought I would share a few quick things before I go to bed. I'm up late to finish a block so I can go and pick up my next one in a somewhat local quilt shop's block of the month. This is the first one I've done, even though it is the 4th month. I haven't been able to go and pick up any of them and a friend has graciously picked them up for me. I'm excited to get over there and see the completed quilts made from the blocks. I only saw one before I started and it wasn't in the colorway I chose. My block uses Art Gallery fabric and is a little bit funky. I enjoyed making the block tonight and hope to catch up with the rest very soon.

This was the yummy package of fabric that I ordered from Canton Village Quilts the beginning of the week. They were having a sale and I got some 1/2 yards of great fabric. And yes, there is more Strawberry Picnic. Just love that fabric.

I'm going to get back to the wedding quilt tomorrow. I got some great tips and opinions about the border so now I can go ahead and complete the quilt top, sew together the backing and have everything ready when the hand quilters are ready for me. I can't wait to see that one finished and on its way.

This is the view we saw on our way into school on Wednesday morning. I know they say Red Sky at morning, Sailor take warning but it did really turn out to be a beautiful day. We are happily looking ahead to a dry weather week. And temps that are rising. I think the lights on my bushes outside will finally come off.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm a winner again. I won a blog giveaway. Will send details as soon as my prize arrives. I'm such a lucky girl!


1 comment:

  1. Love the beautiful block. I like the Art Gallery fabric you selected. Great fabric purchases - can't wait to see what you create with them. What a wonderful way to start your day with such a glorious sunrise!

    ReplyDelete