Monday, February 7, 2011

I really need a design wall


I really need a design wall to see my quilts and pieces better. But I did the best I could tonight and just hung the quilt on the wall.

I finished the top of the wedding quilt and I love it. I have been making up this quilt as I go along and it is turning out in a way I love. Except for the strip blocks, each block stands for some part of the couple's life. I really can't wait for the whole thing to be finished and give it to them.





I still need a border for it. I'm thinking that since the middle is so busy the border needs to be simple. My question is should it be dark or light? I will have to leave it on the wall and try different pieces to see how it looks. Perhaps a dark blue would work since there is not very much dark in the quilt. Any ideas?

7 comments:

  1. Looks great, Nan! I know they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt! I think a dark blue, maybe with a small dot or design, would look nice as a border. Something to give it a little visual texture. By the way, check out my blogpost from Monday 2/7 to see a different option for a non-permanent design wall.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually thinking a dark blue with small red dots, but I thought I would leave it up to the experts to suggest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm for a red border! Although a dark blue would be okay too. I'll be interested to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful quilt! I don't have a design wall either.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about an inner border using the same fabric as the sashing, and then a darker border (blue??) on the outside of it all?

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS--I forgot to say that the quilt looks great! I know whatever you do regarding borders,it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete