Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tribute to Christchurch



 Whenever I read or hear news stories about the earthquake and its destruction, I think back to the trip I took there two years ago. We were only there for a day and night but found it to be a beautiful city with wonderfully friendly people. It was our first stop in New Zealand and we managed to explore it and see enough of the city to begin to appreciate it.
I thought I would share a few pictures I took while there. It is sad to think that so much of this has been destroyed in the aftermath.



Be sure to check this blog, http://www.christinepredd.com/quiltingontheedge/ to find one idea to send support and encouragement to the people of Christchurch, which I believe suffered the most damage in the area. She has a simple idea which would be easy to mail when completed.



Two views of the beautiful cathedral that was pretty much destroyed.

No really good excuses but I haven't done any sewing for the last couple of days.  I need to organize, (it's those missing sewing room fairies again!) and then make my one block for our quilt meeting on Tuesday. And then I can dive right in to the baby quilt I'm making.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment