Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Isn't this pretty?!





I was called in to school today to substitute and this vase of sunflowers was on the counter in the office. Isn't it pretty? Sunflowers are my favorite flower and these were just gorgeous. There were 3 or 4 different varieties and this one was the prettiest. They are such a happy flower.

This was my first day back at school and it was good to see everyone, especially the children. I taught there for 35 years and it will always be like my second home. It is a small school with about 500 students set in a neighborhood. Truly a wonderful place.

I was happy to be there but I must admit, happy to leave at noon since the school isn't air-conditioned and it was pretty hot. Luckily the heat should be breaking later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it is a beautiful flower-I'm glad you are willing to sub. We have a difficult time finding good subs in our school.

    ReplyDelete