Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Pretties




It is 4:24 am and I can't get back to sleep. I've been awake since 3:30. The nice thing is I can always visit blogs and find that someone else must be awake too since they just posted on their blog. Of course I know that some of you are on the other side of the world and therefore it is not very early in the morning for you. Still comforting, no matter what.

I was just going through some blogs and realized it is time for Friday Pretties. I am going to look through my pictures to see what I can find.

And boy, are these some random photos.
The first is a quilt I made for my sister which also happened to be the very first quilt I made. It was a sampler class and when finished, the teacher told us we could make anything after that.

Second picture is my hotel room in Paris. I went there the spring after I retired. I can't believe it was almost 4 years ago. The room was tiny but I loved the red walls. It was so French.

Last picture was taken in Frenchtown, NJ on Bastille Day a few years ago. Just love sunflowers!

Almost forgot, you can see other Friday Pretties if you go to Joyce's blog, I Love Pretty Little Things.

http://iloveprettylittlethings.blogspot.com/

(Note to self - must figure out how to post links in my blog. Maybe I'll do that now.)

Hope I can go back to sleep soon. Have to pick my giveaway winners in a few hours.

5 comments:

  1. i couldn't figure out how to do a link for a really long time either, next to the text color box theres a link button. you highlight the text you want to link, click the link button then paste your url info there. Hopefully that makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I always appreciate hearing from my readers! So nice to meet new people here in blogland.
    Love your Friday Pretties! That quilt is amazing, and love your Paris hotel room...how wonderful you got to go!!!!
    Sunflowers say, "Happy!" Thanks for sharing...:)
    @}~`}~~~ Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister's quilt is a real beauty~ your teacher was right. Great job! Love the other photo's too. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE sunflowers too and your picture is wonderful!!! I can totally sympathize with you about the not being able to sleep. I go to the computer in the middle of the night sometimes when I am just tossing and turning... OH the fun of being a mature woman. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt - wow - it is amazing for a first quilt. I bet your sister loves it.

    ReplyDelete