Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Finally a finish!

I am happy to say that I am ready to show you the secret quilt. I went to Harrisburg this weekend to celebrate my friend Carol's 60th birthday. She is the last one of our college group to enter the 60's and of course, she had to have a quilt in her honor.

I arrived on Sunday (Her real birthday was on Monday so I was in plenty of time.) and gave it to her almost as soon as I got there. I know you can all relate to the fact that I still had to hand finish the binding and I wanted to make sure there was time to do that. Luckily we were home the rest of the day and I sat and sewed. Does anyone else enjoy doing that as much as I do? It is just so relaxing. There was an additional surprise for Carol since another friend, Felicity, decided to come from Pittsburgh to surprise her. Needless to say, she was quite surprised!

It was a beautiful weekend and we went out to lunch on Monday and basically just hung out. Do so enjoy time spent with friends just hanging out.

So, here is the finished quilt. A bit scrappy in order to include things that Carol enjoys- birds, the beach, gardening, wine, sewing and on the binding, a little bit of dessert courtesy of Susan Branch.

1 comment: