Tuesday, September 28, 2010

And I saved so much money...


I had a wonderful time visiting the Pennington Quilt Works in Pennington, NJ. As I mentioned in my previous post, their shop is filled with so many bright, happy fabrics as well as more traditional fabrics. They have something for every taste. The best part is how bright the shop is with lots of windows. Such a cheery place to shop and  sew.


I did manage to exercise a bit of restraint and even put a few pieces back without buying. (Jiminy Cricket was on my shoulder.) The fabric lengths I bought are in the first picture. Sorry for the poor lighting in the picture. One fabric was only $3 a yard on sale. Can't beat that.  I also bought an Amy Butler ottoman pattern that I've seen before and a book about making fabric flowers. They look rather cute and versatile as well.

Wanted to share another find with you. The container in the picture is mainly intended for CD's but I discovered that it is a great container for fat quarters that are folded flat. It would be great to hold a project using fat 1/4's. If you look carefully you will get a hint of my Fall into Fall giveaway. More about that on October 1st.

Now I have the new fabric, the next step is to get back to sewing. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Dru and Cindy took me to Pennington when I was down in July- you are right, it is a very nice shop!

    ReplyDelete