Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ready at last


<
I haven't been sewing any quilt projects this week but working on a jacket to go with a dress to wear to my nephew's wedding. And I am happy to say that it is finished! It was a very simple pattern but it did take a few days since I wasn't sewing all the time. The most amazing thing is that after I chose the dress I found that I already had fabric that would match the dress. It does pay to have a stash. I can now share a picture of the jacket with the dress. It is really a relief to have that finished. Maybe I can even do a little quilt sewing tomorrow.

It has been a while since I made any clothes and I have to say it is not as much fun as making quilts. Quilts don't have to be fitted and if you make a mistake, you can always hide it with applique. Not so easy to do that with a dress/jacket/top/pants. Did I say pants? That for sure is one item of clothing I will never make.

We have our small group quilt meeting on Wednesday. My block is finished but the only show and tell I have is some fabric I bought. No finished products, oh my. Can't wait to see what everyone else is working on and to get our new block for next month. Always fun to see what others have done.

I'll be back tomorrow with more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment