Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just a quick post!




I wanted to do a quick post tonight to share the special gift my sister made for me last year. After sharing items on the M.E. blog I had to share this. She took a box, painted it black, glued pages from the ME page-a-day calendar, and then covered the whole thing with Mod-Podge. It is the most awesome box. She chose sayings that she knew I would like or those that she thought really fit me. She was saving and planning for awhile and even tore the September 15 page off a little early so she could finish it before my birthday. Since I am a birthday "nut" the Shout it from the Rooftops sentiment really fits. I love birthdays.
Notice that she also included a few that had quilts and sewing in it. I am still in awe of the work she did on this gift.

See other M.E. goodies at Cherry Chick's blog.  http://www.cherrychickjewelry.blogspot.com/



I think she would agree that we can thank our mom for that. Birthdays were a big thing in our house and we always had 2 parties - one for the kids and one for the relatives. I never gave up on all those celebrations and I'm lucky to have friends who help me celebrate each year.




If you haven't already, be sure to go to the Birthday Giveaway post. I love giving out prizes. Now I'm off to cut out a block and maybe even sew a bit tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how very special your sister is! Your present is pretty cool too, but you wouldn't have it without your sis, :) Happy Night-Before your Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A handmade gift is always special and extra special if they make it because they know that it's something you Love like ME.
    Birthday's are always special for me too. We call it "Birthday Month"...lol. I manage to work a whole bunch of lunches and dinners out of it with various friends and family. It's the only way to go!
    Thanks so much for joining us for ME Monday.
    ´*•.¸(´*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
    ♥•.*.Thank you.*.•♥
    ♥•.*.from Vicki.*.•♥
    ¸.•*´(¸.•*´♥´*•.¸)´*•.¸

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this - and how neat that your sister made it for you. That is very special indeed. I just love the sweet sayings Mary comes up with, too. I can't throw away those little desk calendars. I have saved everyone I have ever been given and even beg for the pages the other teachers don't want. Happy Soon Birthday!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete