Friday, May 27, 2011

Remember the holiday...




As this Memorial Day weekend begins I remember the Memorial Day celebrations of my childhood. I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout and marched in many hometown parades. Our local parade was always on Saturday and then the neighboring town's parade was on Memorial Day. My father was a member of the Legion and marched in that parade every year. He  was very proud to be a Legionnaire.

I'm not sure I will be attending any parade this year but will remember those days fondly. We always had a family picnic at our house. You know, the very traditional kind, hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and family together. I hope we all remember the reason for this holiday. It is not just a 3 day weekend.


Now I am asking for help from the quilters out there. When I posted the prize, someone asked me the name of one of the blocks in the collection. Before I packed it away, I looked on the back for the name. It was there but... I didn't write it down and now can't remember. Does anyone out there know the name of this block? It's the one in the middle that is a mystery. Thanks so much to anyone who can name it. I very much doubt that I will remember the name I didn't write down!


I hope you all have a happy and safe Memorial Day, wherever you are and whoever you are with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment