Friday, May 6, 2011

I have a finish!

I have a finish! The baby quilt is done and ready to go. I sewed the binding and the label last night before washing it. Now it is laying flat to dry. I'm hoping that it will dry by itself but if not the dryer is on call. It feels so good to have a finish and now I can deliver it this weekend. Yayy!

  
The quilt! I tried taking the pictures outside but there was too much shade.

I really love this border and the little chicks are also in the baby's bedding. 

Here you can see the stitching. I stitched in the ditch and really liked the back effect. 

I used several different fabrics in the binding. 
It is such a good feeling to be finished. I just loved working with this fabric. It was Sweet Baby by Susan Branch for Quilting Treasures. I love her designs and this fabric was so soft and easy to work with.

Now I can move on to the next list. Still more sewing but this time it will be clothes.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day. 

4 comments: