Sunday, June 12, 2011

Taking a break



This weekend we had our neighborhood yard sale. In spite of the rain, people came and did some buying. I made a whopping $25, which reminds why I keep saying I will not do this again. If I figure the per hour take on this, it is just not worth it! But the good news is I got rid of some things and while I was sitting I was looking through old quilting magazines and pulling out the maybe patterns. I had done this with some patterns already and filled a binder with ideas but changed my tactic for a while. I'm a little slow on the uptake but realized just marking the pages with a post-it was not a good idea. I'm about halfway through... After I finish I will have to categorize these.

Now, the picture at the top is what I'm taking a break from... I'm cleaning out the stash closet again! I pulled all these bins out and I have to shift some things on the shelves and try to organize things off the floor. You can see my serviced sewing machine on the floor. I didn't even take the plastic off the machine yet. And I must get to the binding on my quilt too. But I can't work in the very messy sewing room.

I was reading one of my favorite blogs and loved the story of the bottle tree. I don't have that in my garden but decided to share the whimsy I do have. You can read the blog at Between Naps on the Porch.
Check it out here.











Now it is back to the stash cleaning. I love being able to show that picture of the closet to others who can appreciate it. We all have that stash that we need to clean, right?



4 comments:

  1. That bottle tree is one of the coolest decorations I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing and good luck cleaning the sewing room :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like my yard sales, I do not do well at them and I end up giving away things, just so I don't have to bring them back in, lol. Your gardens are lovely.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...look at that stash! =) I actually noticed your machine...what Brother do you own?

    The gardens look great. It's nice to take a break sometimes and do other things. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a yard sale last year and vowed the same thing...never again! Sewing/quilting related items go on the "giveaway" table at guild meetings and everything else goes directly to Goodwill. It's a lot easier that way!

    I love the saucer edging along your flowerbed...too cute!

    ReplyDelete