Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pomp and Circumstance

I think that Pomp and Circumstance has to be in the Top Ten of special songs. Every time I hear it, I get a little choked up. Last night I attended the high school graduation of the daughter of friends. It was such an honor to be included in the invitation with the family.

Given that we have had oppressive heat, it was a pleasure to be in a college field house. Love that AC when it is hot. I think the location really added to the special nature of this event. Great to have the screens for those moments that are too far away to see.

It was fun to see the decorated caps. I understand that they are one of the few high schools that allows students to do that. I will say there were more girl's caps decorated than boy's. Hmm. I wonder why.


All the  speakers did a great job. Very interesting that the salutatorian compared the high school class to the characters in The Hangover while the valedictorian spoke in Applied Physics. At least, I think that is what it was! Quite clever comparisons on both counts. 



Here is the graduate with proud parents and equally proud sister. Mom Tami and I met when she came to student teach with me. Just want to compliment both of them on a job well done with both their daughters. 



And best wishes to Cassandra as she heads off to Bucknell!


No comments:

Post a Comment