Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Crossing it off the list

I wish I could say I was crossing the quilt off the list but alas, that was not to be today. But I did get some other things crossed off and that felt good. A little of this and a little of that. My plan is to finish for sure tomorrow.


I attended an author signing tonight and was so glad I did. Elin Hilderbrand was in town and spoke at a fundraiser hosted by the Doylestown Women in Business. Elin spoke about her newest book, released yesterday, Silver Girl.  It is about a woman whose husband is convicted of financial fraud, a la Bernie Madoff, who takes refuge with a friend on Nantucket. Elin lives on Nantucket and places most of her stories there. This book was listed as best beach read by People Magazine.

Tonight was certainly not a disappointment. Elin was a delight and the kind of person you just think you would like to hang with. She talked about her book, her writing and answered questions from the audience. It was a completely entertaining event. I have to finish my current book and will definitely read this one next. 



We had some crazy weather today. The morning was sunny but around noon clouds started rolling in and then boom, the heavens opened and rain, hail and everything else was flying around. My lights were flickering but never went out. In an hour it was all over and the sun was shining again. 


You can see the aftermath of the storm here. I have a Linden tree in my front yard and the storm blew off much of the "stuff" on the tree. And of course, the landscapers were here this morning. I really hope I don't have to go out and rake it all up. Hoping for more wind to blow it away. 

Have a wonderful day!



2 comments:

  1. How fun to attend a book signing!
    I sure could use a good thunderstorm about now - maybe it would chase some of the heat away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to meet the author- I thought I had read one of her books but nothing on Amazon looked familiar. I'll definitely have to check out a book or two!

    ReplyDelete