Tuesday, November 2, 2010

In the eye of the beholder...

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the picture at the top proves just that. While it doesn't look like much, it is my new heat pump. I love it. While my other one still worked, it was really on its last legs. 18 years is way past the expected lifetime of one. Besides being more efficient, it is installed in the middle of the closet inside of on the side and now I can actually change the filter without some major juggling. And the filter is a normal size. I am just so happy! It is the little things...

I was home most of the day, only left to vote and make a quick stop at the store, but the day wasn't all sewing. I was trying to stay out of the way so I stayed downstairs and worked the list. I do feel good about what I accomplished. Made birthday cards for November and December, paid some small bills and sorted through some papers. It felt good. 

 After I put things back in order,I found some bears I wanted to donate and learned from a neighbor that the high school Stars and Stripes club is collecting bears to send in care packages to the troops. I gave her 29 from my collection! Still more left but a bit of the "group" is gone. Only some of the favorites remain. It felt like it was meant to be when she told me that this morning. I'm so happy to know they will be put to good use and for a good cause. 

And then came the sewing... I finished an owl for a new baby. Yes, it looks familiar since it is the same fabric that was in the baby quilt I posted back in July.  Owls are the nursery theme so it just seemed to fit. I used a Moda Bake Shop pattern by Sandy Gervais. Her name is Owlivia. (Carol, if you are reading this, please don't show Nat!)


I also finished my small group block for our meeting on Tuesday night. Not sure how I feel about it but it fits in the "at least it is done" category. I had hoped to do more sewing but the other things had to be completed too. On my list, I have the wedding gift, two different blocks of the month and now Moose on the Porch Layer Cake Quilt along! Does gaining an hour on Saturday night really give us that much more time?

3 comments:

  1. I think it is very exciting that you got a new heater. I also think we are getting old when things like that excite us!

    The owl is adorable. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heater is gorgeous-like my new water heater-I too think the owl is adorable and I like the square. See you Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful block and very cute owl! Getting a new heater is great - should mean new lower power bills - more money for fabric!

    ReplyDelete