Friday, August 20, 2010

They just keep making more!

No sewing or quilt shops today but a lovely day anyway. I went to lunch at a Cheesecake Factory but alas no cheesecake. Had a wonderful chopped salad that I really enjoyed. As if that wasn't enough then I went out for dinner as an early birthday celebration for someone who will be 80 in September. The amazing thing is you would never know she is that old if you saw her. We should all be so lucky to reach 80 and be in such good health.





I wanted to share this picture of the little bit of fabric I bought in Atlanta. The shop is filled with bright, happy fabric and I did pick out a few fat quarters to squeeze into my suitcase. I did not realize it at the time but they all seemed to blend together. Might even have to use them in a quilt together. But did you ever buy fabric you just don't want to cut, just in case it isn't the perfect pattern for it? But we also know that they just keep making more... The fabric at the top of the picture is a Kaffe Fassett print I bought there. You certainly can't accuse him of being drab.


Tomorrow I'm going to a Revolutionary War re-enactment in Bucks County at a house that Washington once used as his headquarters. I have friends who have worked hard to open it for tours and I promised to help in the gift shop. If I'm lucky there might be a quilter there!

No comments:

Post a Comment