Thursday, August 18, 2011

The seam ripper is my friend


So, I did get some sewing done today but then started ripping it all out. I decided to just use the straight quilting that I have seen on many blogs. That was fine but the thread was not cooperating and I just don't like it. As much as I hate to do it, I'm crying uncle and starting over. I was using variegated thread and I think it might just be too thick. And not crazy about the colors as they show up on the back. I would love to hear from some of you and what kind of thread you use for your machine quilting. I need help.


As I looked through some pictures I realized that I never shared my new chair. This is another chair that was painted by our art teacher from school. Isn't it great!!! I just gave her the chair I had in my house and she painted the seat white and added the wildflowers. So talented. This one is going into my guest room.

Finally, I have to share that I went to see The Help tonight. I read the book when it first came out and loved it. I have to say that I loved the movie too. So run, don't walk, to your nearest theater to see it. It was very funny tonight to watch people come in as I waited for my friends. I think it may have been Book Club night at the movies. Hordes of women were streaming into the show. But, don't be fooled, I think men will appreciate the movie too. Funny, sad and at times, pretty disturbing. Well worth a look. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the chair! It really is gorgeous - and I know what you mean about the seam ripper. My best friend and I (she also sews) call it our "best friend" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Signature thread for machine quilting. But I have learned that different threads you have to adjust the tension. So when I changed threads which I rarely do I play with it before I start quilting. Love your chair. It looks GREAT.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete