Sunday, August 28, 2011

Post Irene and a little sewing

 The storm came and went and thankfully didn't do too much damage here. I loved what they did at the grocery store to keep their cart hangers in place. I haven't been back there to see if it worked.

These were the ominous clouds before the rain and wind began. Our rain started about 1:00pm and went into the next day. The heavy rain and wind came in the middle of the night and I must admit I slept through it. We were very lucky in our area because there wasn't too much damage and we didn't lose our power. Not all others were so fortunate.


The storm ended here about 2:00 and we even had some sun at the end of the day. What a difference a day makes. These are some of my great neighbors. We got together for a post-Irene dinner. Our patios were too wet so the driveway was our dining spot. Just love my neighbors!

I even managed to do some sewing when I wasn't watching the wall-to-wall coverage of the storm. This is one block for the small table cover I'm making for someone special. I have to make 8 more blocks like this and then put them together. I really like the checked fabric I used in the middle. Can't wait to get back to it. 

If you were in the storm path, how did you spend your time? May there be sunnier and brighter days ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment