Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Finish #2


I finished the wedding quilt tonight! it is in the wash (with 2 color catchers, of course) as I write this. The picture above shows the dotted binding that I used and I am very pleased with it. I can send it home with the groom's mother and that way don't have to cross my fingers when I put it in the mail. After it dries I'll take more pictures of the finish.

This is the last big thing on my "before surgery" to-do list. I really wanted to get this one finished since I won't be sewing for a while. I'll just be looking at pretty pictures of quilts instead.

I went to the post office today and couldn't believe the new stamps they had there. I just love these LOVE stamps. I don't recall ever seeing such pretty colors on a postage stamp. It almost looks like a quilt, don't you think?


 These stamps were just fun. At least buying stamps you know you can use them. I know I should just buy lots of forever stamps but I love to use different stamps when I send cards to friends.


Last day before surgery tomorrow. Sadly, I think that cleaning is at the top of the list. Oh, what fun!

2 comments:

  1. I've been keeping you in my prayers the last week (since we had our e-mail exchanges) and will DEFINITELY be thinking of you during the holidays. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty stamps!! Congrats on getting the quilt done!

    ReplyDelete