Monday, April 11, 2011

Inspiration and a lucky birthday!

 We had our long-awaited spring/summer weather day today. I do believe the temps went above 80 and it did feel like it for sure. I think it is a little early for that but I won't complain. It will be more seasonable tomorrow, I think.

I went to my quilt guild meeting tonight and was very inspired by our speaker, Linda M. Poole. She has written several books about applique and her quilts were amazing. I managed to get a couple pictures to share with you.


Aren't these colors pretty?

This was so delightful.

She called this one, Ivana Travel. Isn't that great!

Marguerita Daisies named for her grandmother. I love the colors she combined here.

And this simple sunflower was so pretty.

Even though, before I went,  a friend told me no more fabric ... Guess what,  she had fabric I couldn't resist. It was her own design and oh, so pretty. What do you think? Sorry the colors don't show well, I only had my phone with me.
And the price was good too. 8 FQ's for $15!

And that wasn't all, I bought two patterns for my someday file. They were just so pretty. AND I also won a pattern! As she was speaking she asked if anyone had a birthday on September 15th, her birthday and that was ME! It was my lucky day!





I bought these.



I won this! Yay for me. 
I wanted to be sure to mention that you can see her books and other designs at
http://www.lindampoole.com/ 
Be sure to go and check her out!
Now, I don't want to forget one more quilt I saw. At last month's meeting (I couldn't attend),  they had an ugly fabric auction. A few people showed what they made from their winning purchases. This one was my favorite. Apparently, her purchase was the one diamond block and some fabric scraps. I think this one looks marvelous.
She started with the one block in the top left corner.
I just love these flowers.

Now, with all this inspiration, I'm going back to the baby quilt tomorrow. I made the backing, bought the batting and I'm ready to make a sandwich. And a quilting I will go!

No comments:

Post a Comment