Tuesday, April 5, 2011

After the weekend

No, I am not back to report on a quilt finish. Maybe later. But just wanted to say hi and show you just a few more flower show pictures. This was my 3rd show of the season. I think this is a personal record. I was in the Pittsburgh area this past weekend for a baby shower and to visit friends. On Sunday we went to the Phipps Conservatory for their flower show. This one lasts a bit longer than the others and was equally as beautiful. I think my favorites are the hydrangeas, one of my favorite flowers. Just checked mine and the buds are starting to appear. No flowers for a while but until then...

Beautiful orchids.

Just breathtaking display.

So many blues. I love it. 


More blues. Love this combination of flowers. 

Tulips are such a wonderful sign of spring.

And then some gorgeous pinks.


Could my yard look like this?

Blue ad yellow, perfect together.


Today is a rainy day here and seems the perfect day to sew. After I finish a few other chores, I plan to do just that. Hope to be back tomorrow with a patch, at least!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos of the flower show. I only wish my yard could look like that. Those orchids are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am so ready for spring...your photos give me hope that it may actually come after all!

    ReplyDelete