Monday, March 21, 2011

I found it!



I have been mulling over the sashing for the baby pinwheel quilt and I think I found it. I did get some white on white but decided that is too tame. When I looked in my stash I found this other fabric from Susan Branch. This is from the Martha's Vineyard Watercolors fabric line. I think there is just enough color in this fabric to bring color to the quilt. I think I have 3 yards but have to check that there is enough before I start. Isn't it great that I'm using some of my stash!


 These are a few of the fabrics that are in the pinwheels. I think this will bring out the colors and add some punch.  The fabric below is going to be the border. I love the pictures and words along the edge. Now that I have those decisions made, I can continue to put it together. I moved a few of the blocks around today too. Trying to get the perfect placement before I start to sew again.


 I just had to share these baskets. A friend of mine makes large coil baskets and these little baskets are something new she tried. Wouldn't they make great Easter baskets? I just love the colors. I haven't decided where they are going yet but will definitely find a spot for them. Who can't use another basket!!!


4 comments:

  1. I like the fabric - just right for the quilt. I also like those baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is the perfect backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sashing choice is perfect, Nancy! I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those baskets are so pretty! What a great job!

    ReplyDelete