After much thought and procrastination, I finally started the baby quilt. One problem I had was trying to decide just what pattern I was going to use. I had started with just 5 fat quarters which is what I gave the mother-to-be at her shower. Then through the magic of the internet, I got 2 charm squares and some yardage of the same fabric. This gave me more of a problem since it expanded my choices. Too many choices is not always a good thing.
My epiphany came the other day when I decided I wanted to make some half-square triangles. That was fine but then I realized that since I had another charm pack, I could make the same combos and make pinwheels! Ta-da... I am still going to make this up as I go along but very happy with the pinwheels as the centerpiece of this quilt. Still have lots more fabric that I can use for background and also backing of the quilt.
My only dilemma now is making it more pink or more blue. The couple doesn't know if it's a boy or a girl but... since the baby is due this week, I can always make the pinwheels and then put it all together after the baby is born. That way I can also put name, etc. on the label before I send it to them.
Ah, it's that working under pressure productivity!