Thursday, July 15, 2010

MIssion accomplished




The quilt is finished! I finished the quilting yesterday - simple stitch in the ditch - and then sewed on the binding. It is always surprising to me how long it takes to hand-stitch the binding. I do love to do that though, it seems so relaxing. While I was sewing I watched the movie, A Single Man, with Colin Firth. Very cerebral movie so it was good that I could concentrate while stitching.

I'm posting pictures of the back too. I love the panel I put on the back. The fabric was Deb Strain's Love U by Moda. So colorful and happy.

I decied to join the Charming Girls' Quilt Club online. One of the things I must do is post my goals for the next two months. Good to be held accountable. Here they are.

1 - Organize my selvages - May happen this weekend since I'm taking them with me when I visit friends.
2 - Clean out and organize my sewing closet. Hope that helps me to get my thoughts in gear for my next projects.
3 - Sew a Maya wrap for a new mom. They gave me the pattern and fabric, very simple but it keeps getting pushed aside by other to-dos.
4 - Make my friend's 60th birthday quilt. Her birthday is in September. I have some fabric and ideas but need to finalize.
5 - Make a wedding gift for my nephew and his soon to be wife. Wedding in September. How long do you have to give a wedding gift?
6 - Make 2 quilts for Christmas gifts. I've had the fabric and pattern for so long. The time is NOW!

Phew. I think I'm tired after writing that but good to see it in print.

Happy sewing!

3 comments:

  1. That is a big list Nancy-I love the quilt it is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is lovely. I like how you offset the panel on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,

    Thanks for giving me the correct link. Oh my - you have a lovely blog. That finished quilt is absolutely DARLING!!!

    Happy Quilting.

    ReplyDelete