Sunday, February 24, 2013

Going on record


Okay, I have to admit that this quilt is still in the exact same spot. I do my best work under pressure but haven't felt that yet. It is starting. My deadline is March 6th which is fast approaching. Today is the day to continue the process. I have started the pinning and have time today, once I get off the computer, to keep going. I hope to finish by the middle of this week.


So, I didn't get my wished-for snow day, but Oscar day seems to fit. I am ready to start watching ALL the Oscar coverage at 4:30 so pinning and sewing seems to be a good activity while Oscar watching. The second choice would be eating and that is never a good thing.

Do you watch the Oscars? I have watched the Oscars every year since I was about 7-8. Our mom would make us take a nap in the afternoon and then we were allowed to stay up for the whole show. We didn't go to the movies that often but I always loved the glamour and style, or lack of it, on display.

In preparation, yesterday I watched Argo and Beasts of the Southern Wild On Demand. Both were really good. I'm glad I don't have to make the final decision. Being nominated does mean something.

Have a great night! Enjoy the show. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt you are working on - so Spring like! I am so ready for spring, too. Pulled all my Spring fabric out a couple of weeks ago. Saw Argo and loved it! So intense & exciting even though I knew how it would end. If a director can make a moving exciting and suspenseful when you already know the ending, that's pretty good in my book.

    ReplyDelete