Saturday, February 9, 2013

The day after...


I woke up this morning expecting/hoping to see lots of snow outside. And as you can see, it really wasn't bad. I would say we only got about 2 inches which made it very pretty but not the snow day I was expecting. I used a broom on the sidewalk and then my neighbor was nice enough to shovel the shared driveway. By the afternoon, the driveway and the road were bone dry. That sun is so strong that it clears very quickly.


I'm sorry to say my relatives and friends in New England were not as lucky. These pictures were sent from two different places in CT. A little digging out to do.

         
                                  Drifts at the window.


                                There are cars in there somewhere.

     
                     A path plowed for the dog...


                   Picture perfect.


And no, this isn't New England. This shows the power of the sun here today. By later in the afternoon, there were brown spots where the snow had melted and ground was showing through.

Oh, and quilting, I did start pinning my quilt sandwich too. More time to work on that tomorrow.

I hope wherever you are, you are safe and warm. 

3 comments:

  1. OMG that snow pictures!!!! I love them but i am so glad they were not taken here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ended up with about 24" of snow and drifts over 4 feet!! I was exhausted last night from all the shoveling and digging out the cars. But, it's all done now and very, very bright outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that looks so cold. Always a nice day to stay in and quilt though instead of shovel snow!

    ReplyDelete