Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm finished!


The quilt finally moved off the table and it is finished. As much as I dislike doing the quilting, I do love to hand sew the binding on. That part is just so relaxing. 

 Since we were in the middle of a messy snow, there were no pictures to be taken outside. This was the best I could do. I really love this quilt, and the colors in it. I'm really liking the white sashing in quilts.

 Here is the back. I just used a little more of the turquoise to make it big enough. Below you can see the clouds!


Once I started, it was easy to decide on quilting. I simply followed the blocks and outlined them. I know I broke rules and had more than 2" between quilting lines but I love the softness of the look.

I was hoping to deliver this in person but plans changed and I took it to the Post Office this morning. My fingers are crossed... Might be able to uncross them by Monday.

Happy Weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment