Thursday, July 21, 2011

Out and about...

I thought I would share a few more flowers that were sighted while I was out and about. It has been a hard week to keep flowers alive with the hot, hot weather in the Northeast. Of course, that is nothing compared to the people who have to work outside or those who live without any air-conditioning to bring them relief.

Don't we all wonder how we survived the summers growing up with no AC. My memory is of sitting outside with a good book. We had a hammock in our backyard and that was a favorite spot to read. And I did a lot of that when I was growing up. I think we also spent a lot of time just taking life easy in the summer. Hot weather gave you permission to do nothing. And doesn't that sound nice...

The flowers in these pictures were taken in a shop's parking lot. I loved the mix of colors and flowers and especially loved the funky garden art. I think that will be all that is left in my garden for the rest of the summer. Hopefully the bushes will survive the heat. I think their roots are pretty well established so they can reach down to access any moisture there might be in the soil.

Stay cool, wherever you may be.

1 comment: