Tuesday, July 19, 2011

In the neighborhood


As the temperatures in our area are inching toward 100, I thought I would share a few flower pictures I took on my morning walks. Our townhouse community has an annual garden contest and many people do such a great job with their gardens, for the contest and because they care.

I have seen these Calla lilies in several gardens recently. I think it may be a flower that is coming back.

Just love the purple color. I think it may be some kind of ground cover.

Hard to show the beauty of my neighbor's little secret garden. Just love those daisies.

I'm not holding out much hope for my flowers to survive this week. It is just hard to keep them watered when it is this hot. Hope the weather is much cooler where you hang your hat!

Have a great day.

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised that anything survives in that heat. Wow!!! Hope it cools down soon.

    ReplyDelete