Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A few more blocks and a view

I added a few more blocks to the quilt project. I am loving this project and the book I shared a few posts ago. It is really helping me get this together. The directions are so easy to follow and it mostly is cutting lengths of the 2 1/2" strips. I love it. I have some more blocks to make and then filler blocks to decide on.
I made the hearts last night and then in about 20 minutes I had the dog block finished. It still needs embroidered eyes and mouth but that can come later.




I'm really noticing the changing leaves in our area now. As I was looking out my window this morning the Linden tree was starting to show its color. It was looking good even though it was a cloudy and rainy morning. I took the picture this afternoon after I got home. This is the view out my window as I'm sewing. If I sew during the day I can enjoy the leaves and then another view in winter when the tree is bare. It is a great spot to sew. Can't wait for snow days to sit and watch the snow coming down.

6 comments:

  1. Cute blocks Nancy. I especially like the dog! I finished our club block, but not sure I like the color placement and I am thinking of doing another one. We'll see how I feel. I've been in a slump lately. Not feeling like doing much of anything. Taking a momentary break :) from life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks! The dog is too cute and I have some of that fabric ~ love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are adorable - I especially like the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, Did you get your Pennington BOM kit yet? I made my first block tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your blocks are so cute!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy
    Thanks for stopping by for a visit. This quilt you are working on is too cute!!
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete