Thursday, September 22, 2011

My comfy chair


This chair has always been my favorite piece of furniture in the house. I read, watch TV, visit with friends and yes, take power naps there. As you can see, it has also become my place to recover from this shoulder surgery. The pillows offer support for my arm and thanks to my wonderful neighbor, the table on the right holds everything I need while sitting there. My books, phone, remote control and occasionally a glass of iced tea. Leslie loaned me the table while I was recuperating and she may never get it back!

Recovery is going well but I still can't sleep in my bed so the chair has also served well for sleeping at night. Again, the pillows offer just the right support for my arm. Not sure when I'll get back to sleeping normally but in the meantime, there is my chair.

Since the milk bottle carrier was empty in my picture the other day, I thought I would show it with the bottles in it. The bottle on the right is the one from the dairy where my dad worked. It was a very lucky find for me.

Now, I'm back to my pattern organizing project. I can't sew them right now but all these patterns are giving me lots of ideas for future projects.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. The chair looks loved! I'm glad you're finding a place to rest and praying the healing continues and you are sewing away very shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a better chair to recover in! Hope you feel better every day! ♥ Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Most of my cards are sewn directly on the card but not all.

    Your recovery corner looks quite cozy, I wish you a speedy recovery so you can get back to what you love to do

    ReplyDelete