Thursday, January 5, 2012

A lovely day

I had a lovely lunch with a dear friend today. It wasn't too cold out so after lunch we did a bit of shopping. Lucky for us we were on the tail end of the Christmas sales so not too much was left. This little leather tag just made me giggle so I had to buy it. Can you just hear the tone in the question? I don't feel that way but it still made me laugh.


I had to miss the Good Enough quilters meeting the other night but fortunately Fran took pictures and sent them to me. These are a few more of the bug jar blocks for our charity quilt. Don't you just love the lizard on Laura's block? This was a good reminder for me since I have to make mine by the next meeting. I do believe that will be my first sewing as soon as I get a chance. I think this will be such a cute quilt. 



Dru made this little twister wall hanging for Christmas. I love the colors and the back of the quilt too. I hope you enjoyed this during the Christmas holidays, Dru.


This was another quilt that Dru made for a baby quilt. This fabric looks so cute. That is one lucky baby.


Lynn made a new tree skirt from the charm pack she won at our last meeting. Great idea to use them for this.


Lynn was also very busy. She made a Christmas quilt for each of her children! They look great and I wasn't there to see them in person but I think she actually finished them before the holiday! I am very impressed.



I really do plan to get started sewing but this weekend I'm having some company on Sunday. And I have to finish a book by Monday night for my book club. My book club is reading The Devil in the White City - about the Chicago World's Fair. I really need to finish before our meeting since I'm the hostess and have to lead the discussion! The best thing is I have some special snacks planned for the meeting. I'll tell you about them after we have them. I don't want to spoil the surprise!

Happy Sewing everyone.

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment