Saturday, December 3, 2011

I'm still here!

I just looked at my blog and can't believe I haven't posted since November 21st. Wow, where does the time go?

Actually I have been spending most of my time at the Kathe Wohlfahrt store at the Christmas Village in Philadelphia. It took us a week to set up and then opened on Thanksgiving Day. As usual, we have wonderful handmade German items and lots of wonderful customers. There are people who have been coming since we opened for the first time four years ago. I think I have mentioned this before. If you live in the Philadelphia area, be sure to visit the Village. It is open every day from 11-7 and on Friday and Saturday from 11-8. Just like a trip to the markets in Germany.


I did have off from there for the last three days so I could help at the Craft Show at the Pearl Buck House. The show is juried and filled with wonderful items. The Santa candle holder is one of the items I found to buy there. So very cute.


In the middle of all this running, I have been trying to get all my decorating finished. Before I could start, I did have to get some help to bring in the bins of "stuff". A friend brought some in a few weeks ago and then my godson came over and took those out and brought in the rest. It sure is helping me to make progress. I'm getting there!

The snowmen are getting ready for winter to arrive. 


Just a little comfy spot by the hearth. 

Does anyone smell gingerbread?

The carolers and the French Santa. 

Love the funky tree in the middle.

It is always so much fun to get out the decorations and find things you had  forgotten about. I am pretty pleased that items for each area are in the same bin. Makes the job go so much quicker.

My goal is now to finish the decorating and maybe even get to sewing! There is still time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment