Friday, November 18, 2011

An interesting picture


For the past three days I have been working at the Christmas Market in Philadelphia. The market opens on Thanksgiving Day and it takes us quite a while to set up. The market is in Love Park this year and we are located right near the Love Statue. You do see lots of people having their picture taken by the statue but today was a first, for us at least. There was not white dress but there was a wedding. Only a few guests along with the couple and their minister. I would love to know the story behind this couple. Very appropriate spot for a wedding, don't you think?


As I said, we're not set up yet but this is what our tent looked like last year. You can find us and the lovely German products close to the Love statue. The market will open on Thanksgiving Day and run until Christmas Eve.



Just a few of the things in our tent. If you want more information about market, you can go to this site.
Philadelphia Christmas Village

Be sure to come visit if you are in the area.


2 comments:

  1. Nancy,
    My son proposed to his wife in front of the LOVE statue in 2005. I thought it was very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your photos from last year. I wish that I was heading up to Philly this Holiday season. I would have stopped by for sure.
    Takes lots of photos to share with us!

    ReplyDelete