Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Friday!



I'm not working today and this weekend which will be my chance to catch up. On my list today is sorting gifts, grocery shopping, washing and SEWING! I am making the promise to myself that I will get to some sewing today, whether I need to or not. And I really need to!

I am having a great time working at the Christmas Village in Philadelphia. Yes, if you live in the Philadelphia this is the one that caused a great stir when they removed Christmas from the name. Thankfully some reason prevailed and it is still Christmas Village. I just love going to work each day but it will be nice to have some time to get some things done.

As I've said before I love working and will miss it while I'm away. Here are a few pictures from inside the store. Aren't I lucky to be surrounded by such pretty things - and GREAT people!




If you live in the area be sure to come and see us. Many people have told us that this is just like the Christmas Markets held in towns and cities all over Germany this time of year. And you can have the experience without the cost! It is the third year and bigger and better than ever. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh you lucky ducky! I wish I could come! I've been to the Kathe Wohlfart store in Rothenburg several times, and it is A M A Z I N G! I can't tell you how I wish I could go there every time I pull out the ornaments. I spent a small fortune each time I went, but always regret not spending a medium fortune instead.
    You have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have fun working there too...as long as I didn't break something! I tend to have butter fingers...and a place like that and I would likely not get along. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking about a Valentine open house party at the store.....I will let you know the date....I would love if you and Laura would be able to come then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like an exciting place to work.
    How fun!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete