Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's About Time!


I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted. My life has been a wonderful whirlwind with lots and lots of fun things to do. But it does get in the way of sewing! I have a few things in line to share so I'm going to get to it right away.


My high school reunion was 2 weeks ago and the week before I was a tourist in my own area. One of our visits took us to a local museum. The Mercer Museum in Doylestown is hosting a quilt show of vintage quilts. I had heard from someone that they didn't like the quilts but I thought they were beautiful. Fascinating to see the patterns and tiny stitching.




This one reminded me of the Hawaiian quilts I saw last year.




Wouldn't you love to know why they placed the yellow where they did?






I'm afraid the exhibit's last day was today but the Mercer Museum is worth the visit any time. Fascinating collections of so many different things. 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun exhibit! It's always fun to see the vintage quilts.

    ReplyDelete