Saturday, June 2, 2012

I'm sewing!

Yes, think of Mary Martin singing, I'm flying, in Peter Pan. If I could add a soundtrack to this post, I would. I know there is a way to do that but just not doing it now. Feel free to sing on your own.


This was the beginning of the process. As you can see, it has a white background, which I have wanted to try. This was a kit from Fat Quarter Shop. I don't usually do that but fell in love with this one when I saw it. And I must say, there were very good directions. Kudos to FQS.

The white background fabric is white on white polka dots. Only problem with that is trying to choose the right side of the fabric. You could go blind trying to do that. The other fabric is Vintage Baby by Riley Blake. Such soft, pretty fabric. I'm loving it. I know that I will be able to show the finished top tomorrow. Working to get backing made and quilting started. This quilt may be given unfinished and then brought home. You know that giving it a few times thing. Gotta love it.


I also wanted to share my newest treasure with you. I found this wonderful pitcher at French Bleu Vintage. Adrienne finds some unique items to sell online. This pitcher does have some repaired cracks near the spout, which I knew about, but since I'm putting it up high, you really can't see it. In her description, she gave ideas on how to repair it and I might do that, someday...

Not a great shot but these are my lupines growing in the back garden.
Didn't know what they were until they bloomed!
I hope you're enjoying the same gorgeous weather we have been having. It was hot and sticky early in the week but now just perfect. It almost felt like fall this morning.

Happy Sunday to all.


1 comment:

  1. Your quilt top looks beautiful! I can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete