Sunday, June 3, 2012

Knowing when to stop


I do believe in magic but it has never worked that I finish a quilt top and then leave it out for the finishing fairies to do their stuff with my quilt. I am always disappointed that it still looks the same in the morning! Now the top is finished, the backing is finished and I have decided to stop, give it as it is and then bring it home to finish. I think I could do it if I kept at it but really want to make sure it is done right. I may even decide to give it to my favorite machine quilter to finish.


The backing is very simple. The pink center fabric is also in the quilt and the white is actually small polka dots which go with the white on top. I do love the soft colors in this quilt.

Have a happy sewing week!

3 comments:

  1. A bit like the cleaning fairies... they never seem to arrive either....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's why my UFOs are still UFOs... I keep waiting for those darn fairies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will look great in her room with that pink backing. There are pink curtains on the window! They will love it.

    ReplyDelete