Monday, May 28, 2012

All cut up and ready to sew!



Yes, I am finally getting ready to sew something! These are the pieces that I will work with tomorrow to make a baby quilt. Can't wait to start but it is late and I must get to bed. I think this will go together very quickly. I hope!


Now while I wasn't sewing I did manage to shop online for some "sewing" fabric. This is one of the themes I'm focusing on and collecting. Who knows when it will surface in a quilt. So many plans.


I love the vintage look of this fabric. And I remember some of these items. Does that make me vintage?


If you look closely, you can see buttons, tape measures, and other things sewing.


 Love the pieces in this panel. Vintage again.


 Not sewing but I love this Summersville collection. The black and white line drawings are great.


 And these are from the Book collection at Connecting Threads. My other love is reading!


And just in case you are planning to be in the Pittsburgh area in October, you might want to plan to attend the Beaver Valley Piecemakers Quilt Show on October 12, 13, or 14. For more information, you can go to http://www.bvpiecemakers.com  Click on the quilt show tab for more information and to see their lovely raffle quilt for this year. Would love to have that one.

Hope to add some progress reports tomorrow as I start that quilt. Best part of making one, right?

1 comment:

  1. The school librarian loves the book collection material- might have to look for that myself!

    ReplyDelete