Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm still here!

It seems like ages since I have posted anything on this blog. And it has been. Partly because I have no sewing to share and partly because life keeps getting in the way. And that is not a complaint. It has been all good things. Most of my time is spent with my volunteering at Pearl S. Buck International . It is such a great place to be and does so much for children all over the world.


While I haven't done much sewing, I did have the chance to be creative when we held our pre-Mother's Day tea. It was a wonderful day. My partner in crime did all the heavy lifting of getting the food, dishes, etc. together and I got to do the fun part of decorating the table and making the favors. Yayyy!

 The picture at the top of the page is the little favor I made with some help. It was great fun to create and then put together for our 160 guests. If you look closely you can see that I had the chance to use some of my stash. I had 1 yard of various fabric bunched on the table, topped with a hatstand and hat, surrounded by pearls and graced with a teapot.


You can see some of the vendors pictured in the background of the pictures. All the ladies in attendance had a great time browsing and shopping. What more could you want?


We had dishes of all kinds, which really made the tables look like mini quilts.



I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Mother's Day. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment