Saturday, June 26, 2010

Southern Living Idea House

No fabric stores visited today. Alas! But I did go to a very cool little town about an hour south of Atlanta. My sister and I went to Senoia, GA to see the Southern Living Designer House. It was very cool. It was an end unit townhouse, 4 stories tall. They have an elevator but that was not in use during this tour. You can see more about it on the Southern Living website. The house will be featured in the August issue of the magazine.

The best room in the house was a craft room on the 4th floor. It had a tall table with four chairs and lovely closets for storing craft materials. There wasn't a sewing machine in sight but that could be easily fit in the room. There was a full bathroom and another room with a bar, microwave, terrace and as I write this I'm thinking that could be the sewing part of the fourth floor. It was certainly large enough to fit in a quilt frame for hand quilting.

Now I just want to go home and re-organize my sewing room. So many ideas, so little time and money!

No comments:

Post a Comment