Monday, June 28, 2010

Great quilt shop and another quilter is born

Today my sister and I visited just one more quilt shop before I leave for home. We went to Intown Quilters in Decatur, GA and what a find it was. They carried all the kinds of fabrics I like - Kaffe Fassett, Michael Miller and many, many more bright, bright fabrics. I was in heaven. I did have to restrain myself and really did pretty well. Lucky for me, I do come to Atlanta often so getting their frequent buyers card was great. I will definitely be back on my next visit. You can visit their website at www.intownquilters.com.

My sister saw a quilt kit that she liked and I bought it for her as an early Christmas gift. It does look like a good starting kit with straight lines and big pieces. I hope to give her a few lessons before I leave for home. She has always sewn but never quilted. If she likes I could always funnel some stash pieces her way so I could not feel so guilty when I buy new fabric!

No pictures on the last few posts but once I get home I hope to show some quilts in progress. Keep watching this spot.

1 comment:

  1. My sister, Dru, has been my inspiration to start quilting. I will enjoy following along from here in MA.

    ReplyDelete