Sunday, September 30, 2012

October 1st


It's hard to believe that it is already 0ctober 1st and there are still flowers like this in bloom. I took this picture at the Pearl Buck House just yesterday. Looks like the grasses below it have gotten the message about the change of season.


While the red flowers blooms on one part of the property this garden is quickly taking hold to celebrate the start of fall. As I was driving to work there this morning I was thinking about the difference in the seasons. Changing seasons is one of the best things about living in the northeast. But you do give things up when the weather turns crisp.

I will miss -
         sandals
         cropped pants
         windows open on some of those perfect days
         flip-flops
         going without a coat
       

I'm looking forward to -
         crisp fall days
         gingerbread
         the colors of fall
         snow days
         hot chocolate
         pumpkin anything!

And of course, the changing foliage. I was coming back from Pittsburgh on Thursday and the leaves in western PA are amazing. I'm expecting to see more change in our area in the next coming weeks.


   The lists are just a start. What are you thinking as the seasons change?       

No comments:

Post a Comment