Monday, April 9, 2012

I am a quilter - really!!!


No, the picture above is not my latest quilt. This was taken in the cathedral in Prague but I'm sure there is inspiration for a quilt there. Can you just picture it?

It has occurred to me that I haven't really completed anything since last October! Yikes. And that was finished since I was on a deadline. You know, working under pressure and all. I did finish one small block for our quilt group's quilt but that is all. I simply can't believe it.

Part of the problem is that the next thing I am working on is completing a quilt. I have the backing, batting and top. Now if only the quilting fairies would come and take it away.


In the meantime, I do keep adding to the stash of patterns and fabric. I certainly won't be lacking for something to make.

 This came from a new quilt shop. The color is not showing very well but I loved the different pieces on each section. Don't they look like buttons to you?


A few basics...


 a few patterns...


And the last is for a skirt. This is a really pretty turquoise and periwinkle.

Someone once said that you are quilter when you have at least 3 UFO's. Well, that sure does make me a quilter! No question about it.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I know I have at least 6 plastic bins with appropriate fabric, thread (I hate not having the right thread for the quilting so I put it in the box -- weird, probably), and fabric all ready to go but I am determined to finish the three projects in various stages of completion. Hopefully this weekend will cooperate better than last weekend. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 3 UFO's to be a quilter? I must be a quilter extraordinaire! LOL

    ReplyDelete